FUNDRAISER: South Charleston Shirt Sale
May 14th - June 3rd, 2018
This is the location for the online sale of our tri-blend, vintage-feel, charcoal gray South Charleston fundraiser tee shirt. We will be taking orders until 11:00pm on June 3. In-A-Pinch Screenprinting will be printing our shirts, and they will be available for pick-up at First Presbyterian later in June. If you need the shirt mailed or hand-delivered, please contact Rachel Baldauff at SEPioneerClubs@gmail.com to inquire about additional costs. The shirts are available in sizes Youth Small to Adult XXXL and cost $15 per shirt with the payment due at time of ordering.
All profits from the shirt sales will go towards funding First Presbyterian's summer camps.
PIONEER CAMP 2018
July 30th - August 1st, 2018
WHAT IS CAMP?
For a number of years, First Presbyterian Church has offered a 3-day, 2-night outdoor adventure camp to incoming 4th and 7th graders at the local 4H Camp Clifton. We have lots of exciting activities planned and are confident that our campers will have a wonderful experience. Activities to look forward to include games, hikes, high ropes or archery, canoeing down the Little Miami, and learning about God's Word through devotions, Bible Exploration, and evening Vespers.
This year's theme is "Pirates: Where Be Yer Treasure?" and camp will begin with check-in on Monday, July 30 at 9:30am and conclude with our family dinner at 5:30pm on Wednesday, August 1.
Campers: Children going into 4th through 7th grade (Fall 2018)
Leaders: Invitation only by FPC Youth Committee, requires additional screening and paperwork
Where: 4H Camp Clifton, 2256 Clifton Rd, Yellow Springs, OH 45387
Drop-Off: Monday, July 30 between 9:30am - 10:00am
Pick-Up: Wednesday, August 1 at 5:30pm, check-out following dinner
Cost: $135 ($25 minimum deposit to ensure spot)
Discounts: $5 off if camper attends Pioneer Clubs Pool Party on June 1, $10 off if registered and paid in-full by June 17 at 11:00pm.
Where to Register: either here (online), or mailed to PO Box P, South Charleston, OH 45368
If ONLINE registration is desired:
- Fill out digital registration here by clicking "Register Now" button below (needs to be completed prior to check-in to reserve camper's slot and qualify for discount)
- Print and complete Medical & Liability Release Form (can bring to camp check-in with you)
- Print and complete Camp Clifton Liability Form (can bring to camp check-in with you)
- Pay online (here)
If PAPER registration is desired:
- Print and fill out the three (3) forms below (contact Rachel for printed copies)
- Participant Information Form (needs to be completed prior to check-in to reserve camper's slot and qualify for discount)
- Medical & Liability Release Form (can bring to camp check-in with you)
- Camp Clifton Liability Form (can bring to camp check-in with you)
- Mail paper check made out to First Presbyterian Church to PO Box P, South Charleston, OH 45368
If applicable: Email Rachel at SEPioneerClubs@gmail.com for Scholarship Form.
Scholarships are available based on need and availability. Our goal is to make it possible for any kid that wants to come to camp, to come to camp. If $135 represents a financial burden for your family, please contact Rachel Baldauff at SEPioneerClubs@gmail.com. She will be in contact with you shortly after.
CODE OF DISCIPLINE
BASIC EXPECTATIONS OF CHILDREN:
- Respect the camp and its property
- Respect and obey the camp leaders
- Keep hands and feet to oneself
- Speak kindly to others and offer encouragement
CONSQUENCES FOR DISOBEDIENCE
- First offense - verbal warning is given.
- Second offense - removal from group and activity will occur
- Third offense - a phone call to the guardian will be made
- Fourth offense - guardian will be required to pick-up child from camp
NOTE TO PARENTS
- Please keep in mind that our camp staff consists of volunteers from our church.
- If you child becomes sick, we will need to contact you, so please keep your phone close by with the volume on for the duration of the camp.
- Pick-up and check-out occurs after the family dinner and final Vespers lesson on Wednesday. We would love to have you join us and share in this special time with your kids.
QUESTIONS OR QUANDARIES?
Please do not hesitate to contact Rachel Baldauff, the Pioneer Clubs Coordinator at First Presbyterian with any question or concerns. She can be reached by phone (text preferred) at 937.215.2804 or by email at SEPioneerClubs@gmail.com.
She will also have printed forms available at her house at 15 W Jamestown St.
Pool Party??? What Pool Party???
First Presbyterian will be hosting a pool party at the South Charleston Community Pool on June 1 from 4:00pm to 7:00pm. Any camper in attendance will earn $5 off their camp fee :)